Lets face it, the landscape of professional photography is taking a major hit. What became of the music industry is now on our doorsteps, and we have a choice of rolling with the punches or sitting back to complain. Aside from the better equipment at lower prices, there are new breeds to beware of. In the music and fashion world, photographers are taking pictures in exchange for IG tags. You kidding me?! You really are going to tarnish not just YOUR reputation but the entire industry?
We have options. We can choose to stand there and not change with the times, or learn new ways to adapt. One way is your attitude, and this list was perfectly written by Bradford Rowley
Phrases Poor Photographers Say:
1. Cheap photographers are ruining the industry.
2. I am in it for the art not the money.
3. I’m going to spend my money to buy the latest equipment.
4. It’s impossible to get rich in photography.
5. People will never spend that amount of money.
6. Clients don’t see my worth.
7. My clients insist on getting their images on a CD.
8. There should be some protection like professional licensing for our industry.
9. I hate selling.
10. I am up till 2 a.m. working on photoshop.
11. You can’t make the same amount of money in photography that you could 15 years ago.
12. We are in a recession right now.
13. All the photographers I know say business is down.
14. I just hope I can last a little bit longer in this industry until I retire.
15. I don’t trust anyone in my business but me.
Phrases Rich Photographers Say:
1. I run my studio as a business.
2. I carefully spend my money on marketing that brings in massive amounts of clients.
3. The photography business is one of the best kept secrets there is.
4. I differentiate myself so entirely from cheap photographers that they have no affect on me.
5. Photographers can make more money than physicians if they are savvy.
6. Spending at least a few thousand dollars on a piece of art which is a representation of that which is most precious to people is a very reasonable expectation.
7. I carefully brand myself in a very calculated way which helps me command top dollar.
8. I never let any portrait leave my studio which isn’t finished in the most exquisite way and with full artistry. My clients understand and respect me more because of it.
9. Because I make an amazing living, I can afford to enjoy my love of photography on vacations all over the world.
10. I assume 100% responsibility for my success as well as my failures.
11. My work immediately communicates professional.
12. I feel passionate about my work and relish the opportunity to sell it.
13. I hire specialist to assist me in production so I can spend time expanding my business and taking it to the next level.
14. With all the new technologies, there has never been an easier time to make money in photography.
15. If there is a recession, I won’t participate in it.
16. I surround myself with positive and successful individuals.
17. I want to make as much as I can from my profession to provide an amazing life for my family and to be able to make a difference by donating to worthy causes. The world is a better place because of my success and the amazing heirlooms I provide my clients.
Original Article printed here